Your Summer Bucket List: 20 Must-Do Moments
There’s no excuse to have a boring weekend now that summer’s here! Make the most of this short and sweet season with these 20 must-dos: the funnest, coolest, bestest stuff you can do before September! From music and sports to cocktails and everything in between, there’s something for everyone on this summer bucket list.
2. Bend it Like Beckham Having FIFA withdrawal? Hit the pitch with your friends and have some fun kicking the ball around; or check out a Major League Soccer game to get your fix.
3. Whip Up Some Ice Cream The right equipment is key to creating a perfect concoction: enter here to win a KitchenAid stand mixer with ice cream maker attachment!
4. Perfect Your Own Signature Summer Cocktail We recommend the thyme and ginger sour. Check out the recipe.
5. Make Sno-Cones Pretend it’s 1982 by mixing up some frozen treats with a blast from the past: the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine.
7. Un-Plan A Road Trip Hop in the car for a weekend to destinations unknown. Fly — er, drive — by the seats of your pants and see where you end up!
8. Mash Up a Signature Playlist Burn onto a CD and give out as a parting gift at your next BBQ.
9. Bike Ride But ditch those ’80s-era 10-speeds and cruise around town in style on some trendy two-wheelers by Opus Bikes.
10. Ditch Your Gas Mower Switching to a push mower is a great workout and better for the environment.
11.Turn Your Backyard/Balcony/Courtyard/Rooftop into a Drive-In Fire up your laptop and projector, hang a white bed sheet alfresco and pick a Netflix flick!
12. Host a Tetherball Tourney Go old school and set up a tetherball station at the cottage or in your backyard.
13. Run Through a Sprinkler Yours or someone else’s.
14. Pamper Each Other with At-Home Pedis Pick up a gift set that contains all the products you need to buff and maintain your feet.
15. Get Your Bed Ready for Some Warm-Weather Romps Switch to crisp white sheets of pure cotton or linen.
16. Watch Your Garden Grow The GardenWatchCam snaps time-lapse photos of your fruits, flowers and foliage as they blossom and bloom.
18. One Word: Grill! A sizzling steak hot off the barbecue just screams summer.
19. Skip the Staycation…Plan a Playcation Head to your local waterslide and/or amusement park. Cap off the day by finding a nearby traveling carnival or fair.
20. Croquet, Anyone? Don your best Downton Abbey-esque threads and outfit your lawn with wickets.
As featured in the summer issue of 2life digital magazine:
Image(s): Alan Popov