Top 10 Most Romantic Movie Quotes Ever!
Sure, Hollywood can pump out some pretty cheesy quotes about love that tend to leave an unsavory taste in your mouth. But every once in a while, the movies get love and romance right. Here are 10 actually-romantic quotes from the silver screen.
1. “You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how.”
Gone with the Wind
Rhett gives Scarlett a scolding that’s hot, hot, hot.
2. “Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever… And you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you.”
Meet Joe Black
Call us morbid, but we can’t resist these heartfelt sentiments, even if they are delivered by Death himself.
3. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
When Harry Met Sally
Our favorite film about friends becoming lovers gives us some of the most romantic movie love lines ever.
4. “No, I mean I like you very much. Just as you are.”
Bridget Jones’s Diary
Mark Darcy (a.k.a. Colin Firth) leaves the babbling, befuddled and beloved Bridget speechless with his classic declaration of unconditional love.
5. “I wish I knew how to quit you.”
Jack Twist reveals his weakness at leaving his partner, and in doing so, gives us one of the most touching scenes ever.
6. “Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!”
The sparks fly between Cher’s Loretta and Nicolas Cage’s Ronny, proving that the course of love just isn’t worthwhile (or fun) when it runs smooth.
7. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more; that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what you’ve given me and that’s what I hope to give to you forever.”
A simple, humble promise that nestles itself inside your heart.
8. “I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.”
City of Angels
Love that goes beyond the boundaries of life? We’re suckers for it every time.
9. “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.”
Baby’s endearingly vulnerable moment in this scorching, rustic love scene is one we won’t forget. The late Patrick Swayze at his best.
10. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.”
The Princess Bride
This quirky little gem of a film from 1987 is a testament to the power of true love.
Get the most out of your relationship! The 2life app is the perfect way for couples to stay connected and organized. Chat, share, collaborate and coordinate with your partner, all in one colorful, easy-to-use app. Download now, it’s FREE!