Please Like Us!
How to boost your neighborhood street cred and give good couple PR.
• Get yourself a dog, walk it as a couple and find other dog-owning folks to walk with or meet up with at a park.
• Host a cocktail party at your home and invite all your neighbors. This is an especially good idea when moving into a new ‘hood.
• Join volunteer groups with couples on your street or colleagues from work.
• Hold a garage sale — they always bring the neighborhood together!
• Join any couple-friendly groups that you both have an interest in. For example, try a running club that meets regularly.
• Put together a charity event or fundraiser and inform local newspapers about it in order to get media attention for the charity (and you as a couple).
• Be gracious and open when meeting others at events.
• If the neighbor has kids, suggest a play date at your house so they can relax for an afternoon while you babysit
As featured in the summer issue of 2life digital magazine:
Image(s): Simon Oxley