How To Survive A Wedding Show
Local wedding shows can be a great resource for engaged couples, but they can also be overwhelming if you’re not prepared. We’ve got a few quick tips for navigating a wedding show like a pro.
1. Bring a Friend. Whether it’s your fiance(e), maid of honor, or mom, you’ll definitely want to bring someone along for the fun… and for moral support!
2. Stay Hydrated. Wedding shows are often held in large convention centers with minimal air circulation, so throw a reusable water bottled filled with cold water in your purse so you don’t get dehydrated. You don’t want a sore, parched throat to prevent you from getting to know a potential vendor.
3. Do Your Research. Check out the show’s website for a list of vendors and visit their websites. Highlight the ones you like most, and make a point of talking to them at the show. It’s easy to miss a booth, and if you don’t make note of specific vendors that you want to see, you could miss out on the perfect cake designer or photographer.
4. Make a List. Use the LISTS feature in the 2life Weddings app to write questions that you would like to ask each vendor. For example, you might ask a wedding planner if she charges for a consultation, or a photographer if his package includes an engagement session.
5. Get Inspired. You might not hire any of the florists or stationers that you see at the show, but you’ll at least get an idea of the overall style you like, and that will help you choose vendors later on. Take photos of cakes, tablescapes and other ideas that inspire you and add them to PHOTOS in the 2life Weddings for Engaged Couples app (or Pinterest) to create a wedding inspiration gallery.
Have you download the 2life Weddings for Engaged Couples app yet? It’s a perfect way for the two of you to stay connected and organized as you plan your wedding together… and it’s FREE!