timeline & tips
You’re engaged — congrats! From announcing your new relationship status to setting a big-day budget, here’s everything you need to do first.
• Announce engagement
• Discuss plans with family
• Look into marriage laws and requirements
• Decide on city and season
• Set the date
• Determine sources of funds
• Set the budget
• Determine size of wedding
• Choose wedding party
• Decide on theme, style, and colors
• Schedule engagement photo session
• Decide on wedding planner
• Decide on engagement party
• Decide on married name
• Insure your engagement ring(s)
• Create a gift registry
• Research and tour ceremony venues
• Plan well ahead of your big day for more choices and less stress.
• Ask recently married friends and acquaintances for recommendations and advice.
• Before choosing date, check the calendar for civic holidays, family events, and work obligations.
• Browse our app galleries for inspiration.
• Use our app JOURNAL tool to write a mission statement together.
• Use this wedding hashtag generator so you and your guests can tag social media posts.
• Choose an online budget tool. We recommend this one.
• Research local venues and vendors and read reviews by newlyweds
• Choose a color palette and start collecting photos of flowers, cakes, bridesmaids dresses, favors, and DIY ideas. Use our app PHOTOS tool, or create a Pinterest board and bookmark it in LINKS. Eventually, you’ll see a theme emerge. Is it romantic? Modern? Rustic? Show your photo collection to your vendors to give them an idea of your vision.
IDEAS & ADVICE
We’re Engaged! Now What?
Where and When Will Your Wedding Be?
Etiquette Tips: How To Share Your Engagement & Wedding Online
Wedding Gift Registry Primer
Does Your Celebration Need A Wedding Planner?
6 Tips for Choosing Your Wedding Party
Wedding Budget Tips
5 Ways To Make Your Bridesmaids Love You
Plan your celebration together! The 2life Weddings app is the best way for engaged couples to get inspired and organized for the big day! Chat, share, collaborate and coordinate with your fiancé(e), all in one colorful, easy-to-use app. Download now, it’s free!