7 Baby Items That Are A Total Waste Of Money
Save your pennies for Junior’s college fund; these items are non-essentials when it comes to baby gear.
1. Bottle warmers. Milk and/or formula bottles don’t have to be served warm for health reasons, but most babies prefer them that way. Run a bottle under hot water from the tap, or place it in a bowl of warm (not boiling) water a few minutes before the feeding. Never use the microwave to warm a bottle.
2. Bottle sanitizers. Read the manual that comes with your bottles; it will provide easy sanitization alternatives that don’t involve a $50 price tag.
3. Bumbo chair. Babies outgrow these learn-to-sit chairs so quickly. Ask to borrow one from a friend, or buy one secondhand.
4. Bumper pads. Not only are bumper pads expensive, they can also be potentially dangerous for your baby. Health Canada and the American Academy of Pediatrics do not recommend the use of bumper pads for a number of reasons, including the risk of SIDS.
5. Baby food processor. When it comes time to make purees for your baby, any old food processor (or blender) will do.
6. Wipes warmer. Your baby’s bottom can handle the temperature of wipes. They aren’t that cold!
7. Pee-Pee Tee-Pee. Got a boy on the way? Although the concept is cute, Pee-Pee Tee-Pees are generally deemed useless by parents of boys.
Now that’s we’ve got that covered, see 13 Must-Have Baby Items All New Parents Need. Plus, check out our tips for creating and managing your baby gift registry.