6 Adorable Earth-Friendly Wedding Ideas
From serving locally-sourced food, to choosing evites instead of letterpress, more and more couples are incorporating eco-friendly elements in their weddings. Whether you’re embracing an all-out eco-friendly theme in your decor, or looking to have an earth-easy celebration, we’ve got you covered with fun green-spiration!
1. Invitations. Bloomin Wedding stationers make beautiful invitations handcrafted from 100% recycled, post-consumer paper and embedded with wildflower seeds. These are perfect for couples who want to incorporate sustainable elements into their day without going overboard with the enviro vibe. You might also consider using evites by services such as Paperless Post or Wedivite and setting up a wedding website to manage RSVPs, instead of using paper invitations that will eventually get tossed in the garbage.
2. Transportation. Decrease your carbon footprint by leaving the limos in the lot and opt for bike taxis or a tandem bike as your wedding-day wheels. What’s cuter than newlyweds riding into married life on a bicycle built for two?!
3. Bouquet. Collect antique brooches from relatives or thrift stores to create an elegant alternative to a floral bouquet. This type of bouquet also covers your “something old” and “something borrowed.”
4. Favors. There are countless eco-friendly favor ideas: any sort of homemade preserves in mason jars, saplings wrapped in burlap, or lovely sacs of lavender seeds should do the trick. Alternatively, you might choose to make a donation to a charity that’s close to your heart. Even better if donations go toward helping the environment.
5. Usher Cards: Ask friends and family to save corks from wine bottles and recycle them as holders for place cards at each seat. Use 100% recycled paper for the usher cards and you’ve got yourself an adorable, handmade, eco-friendly decor detail.
6. Decor. Printing menus for each place setting is wasteful–and expensive. Writing the evening’s menu on a chalkboard is a cute DIY way to let guests know what they can expect come dinnertime. Yum!
Images: Click Photography; Brittany Graham Photography; Melissa Gidney Photography; A Brit & A Blonde;
Zola Wedding Registry is a one-stop solution for the modern couple, and your guests will love it too! Gifts, experiences, cash funds, and anything from any store: it all fits on your Zola Registry. Sign up now to discover the smarter wedding registry.