Festive Wedding Ideas Inspired by the 4th of July
Happy 4th of July to our American readers! While we don’t necessarily suggest actual fireworks on your wedding day (what if they fizzle?), there are plenty of other tasteful ways for you to show your American pride. Why should you limit sparklers, and red, white and blue decor to just one day of the year? These celebratory ideas work for a wedding in any season. Here are five of our favorite all-American ideas to consider for your party:
1) Shine Bright Sparklers are synonymous with 4th of July barbecues, but they’re a hit at weddings too. They’re fun and festive, and they make for great photo ops! Have a blast trying to create cool shapes or spell out words like “love” or ask your guests to wave the sparklers as you head to your getaway vehicle. As is often the case, a picture tells a thousand words: Who wouldn’t want a wedding portrait like this one by Click Photography? (See above).
2) Serve Wedding Pies There’s nothing more American than apple pie, right? Instead of a traditional wedding cake, opt for a tantalizing array of old-fashioned pies. The best part about this idea is that you can ask friends and relatives to contribute their homemade creations — we can’t think of a nicer DIY touch.
3) Choose a Country Venue Rustic weddings have come a long way, and selecting a country venue no longer means roughing it. There are tons of beautiful farms across the country, like Tennessee’s Black Fox Farms (as seen here), that are absolutely picture-perfect. We especially love the way this classic barn was dressed up with white linen curtains and strings of twinkling lights!
4) Pick an Urban Landmark Not a country couple? Saying “I do” at an iconic big city site, like San Francisco’s City Hall, is another great way to show your American pride. Bonus: city hall weddings are tailor-made for smaller guest lists! If intimate and sophisticated is your style, a historical venue is a great way to go.
5) Show Your True Colors Red, white and blue look great at any time of year! Even subtle accents like whimsical buntings or striped drinking straws can add a vibrant Americana vibe to the day’s proceedings. We’re completely in love with this bride’s polka dot shoes, and we can’t think of a more stylish way to give a nod to the land of the free!