8 Wedding-Worthy Hairstyles For Brides
Of all the decisions you’ll make as a bride, choosing your wedding-day look is among the most fun. Many brides scour Pinterest to find the perfect dress, accessories, makeup and, of course, hairstyle for their walk down the aisle. But before you set your heart on a particular hairstyle, consult your stylist at a trial hair appointment (or two) before the big day. You might love the look of romantic waves, but if your hair is fine and can’t hold a curl, it might not be the best option for this special occasion. Here are eight wedding-hair looks we love. Which ones make you swoon?
1. Top Knot. If you’re thinking of wearing your hair up, a smooth, voluminous top knot never fails to disappoint. It’s a romantic and chic option and looks fantastic in photos because of its height.
2. Side-Swept Curls. Fixtures of the red carpet, side-swept hairstyles are glamorous options for brides. If your hair isn’t quite long enough to pull off the classic look, ask your stylist about using extensions.
3. Chignon. You can’t go wrong with a stylish and contemporary chignon. Add an extra special touch to your style with a delicate fresh flower.
4. Boho Flower Crown. For an effortless bridal look, opt for a loose, wavy ‘do and top it with a whimsical ivy or floral crown.
5. Vintage Curls. Channel the glamour of Old Hollywood by pairing loose curls with a fascinator veil. Complete the vintage look with a red lip and winged eyeliner.
6. Side-Swept Updo. The side-swept style is just as glamorous and fashion-forward when it’s pinned up as it is when the curls are free to hang loose. This pinned-up style is great for brides who have eye-catching detailing on the back of their gowns, or who are getting married in the summer and want to stay cool.
7. Undone waves. Barely-there waves are perfect for a laid-back summer or beach wedding. The romantic style is feminine and polished without looking overly “done.”
8. Throwback Updo. This bride’s 1940s inspired hairstyle includes two twists that begin at the front of her head and meet at the nape of her neck in a stylish chignon. The look is perfect for vintage-lovers looking for a sophisticated and memorable bridal updo.
Images: A Brit & A Blonde; Nikki Leigh McKean Photography; Nikki Mills Photography; Elisabeth Millay Photography; Bonnallie Brodeur Photographe; Click Photography; All This Happiness; Melissa Gidney Photography; Elizabeth In Love.