5 Wedding Day Looks For Grooms
Gone are the days when a rented penguin suit was the only choice for grooms. Styling options are basically endless for millennial grooms and there’s nothing we love more than a guy with some serious wedding day style. Whether you opt for a tuxedo or a suit, a bow tie or no tie, you’ll want to make sure that your wedding outfit (a) fits you well (b) is comfortable and (c) complements the overall theme of your celebration. Here are 5 dapper looks that should inspire any groom to get creative with his wedding day style.
1. Beach: A beach wedding without a flip flop in sight? We love it! Kudos to Aidon who opted for chic brown loafers instead of the typical leather thong for his beach wedding in Jamaica. His white shirt, light-colored suit and tropical orchid boutonniere lend to the elegant vibe of this ocean-side wedding.
2. Casual: Ryan deserves a round of applause for his on-trend wedding garb. The groom kept things casual without sacrificing on style by opting for a checkered shirt, buttercup tie (which picked up on the wedding’s yellow color palette ), navy suit and some kick-ass shoes. The outfit reflects his personality, while keeping in tune with the low-key outdoor celebration.
3. Black Tie: A classic tuxedo was the right choice for Matt’s formal winter wedding at a hotel ballroom in Toronto. We love that he dared to add some personality into his wedding day look by pairing colorful socks with his otherwise traditional outfit.
4. Rustic: If you’re planning a rustic-inspired barn or backyard wedding, you ought to take a cue from Dan. The idea is to keep things casual, while still looking polished. Start with a light-colored suit (dark suits and rustic themes don’t mesh) and forgo the jacket, opting instead for a vest or suspenders. If you’re really bold (and your bride gives it the OK), go super laid-back with a pair of (leather) flip flops and a newsboy cap, if that’s your thing.
5. Modern: Jake looks like he stepped out of the pages of Esquire. Perfectly dapper in his bespoke suit, polka dot tie, tip clip and pocket square, Jake’s wedding day look was perfect for his modern, sophisticated wedding at The Thompson Hotel in Toronto.
Image(s): Top to bottom: barebonephoto; Melissa Gidney Photography; Mimmo & Co.; Scarlet O'Neill Photography; Vanessa Voth Photography; barebonephoto.