5 Easy Ways To Restyle A Bridesmaid Dress
Bridesmaids dresses have come a long way from the cliche floor-length taffeta gowns that were relegated to the back of the closet after the wedding. Brides are choosing social-inspired dresses for their bridesmaids, or else giving each attendant free reign to choose a dress in a color and silhouette that reflects her individual style. Translation: high wear-again potential!
“If you have any choice in selecting your bridesmaid dress, opt for the most simple silhouette available from the bride’s selected options, as it will have the most restyling flexibility,” says Victoria Rucks, District Manager at David’s Bridal Canada. “Maximize your budget by staying to your everyday style aesthetic.”
Use these wardrobe staples to restyle a bridesmaid dress for a date night, brunch with your girlfriends or even the boardroom once the wedding has come and gone.
1. Jean Jacket and Flats. Dress down soft chiffon dresses with a classic jean jacket and flats, and you have the perfect outfit for brunch with friends or a day at the beach.
2. Leather Jacket and Ankle Boots. Got a date on the town with someone special? Create a feminine but edgy look for a short silk dress by pairing it with a classic black leather jacket and ankle boots or caged sandals.
3. Statement Necklace. Transform the look of any social occasion dress with this year’s must-have accessory: the statement necklace. Bridesmaids often receive delicate gold or silver jewelry as gifts from brides to wear at the wedding, so coupling your dress with a chunky statement piece automatically crates a fresh, modern look.
4. Belts and Cardigans. Have a wedding shower or garden party to attend this summer? Restyle your bridesmaid dress with a cardigan and delicate belt for a completely different daytime look.
5. Blazer. The skirt of a bridesmaid dress can often stand alone. Pair a strapless dress with a black blazer, a different colored necklace and classic pumps and you’ve got a work-appropriate look that can be worn throughout the year.