30 Stylish Ideas To Add “Something Blue”
Bring good luck into your marriage! Here are 30 creative ways to add “something blue” to your wedding and registry.
1. A pretty pair of earrings is a great way to include a subtle touch of blue in your wedding day look. Image: L’Estelle Photography
2. This bride’s vibrant blue shoes look awesome with her bright pink pedicure. Image: Elisabeth Millay Photography
3. Hide a sentimental symbol on the inside of your wedding dress. Image: Mary Me Photography
4. This beautiful navy blue bridal clutch by Ella Watson on Etsy is made of rich satin with a floral lace overlay. The satin interior is blush pink.
5. Add blue hues to your reception with dramatic lighting or a blue ombre wedding cake. Image: OLLI Studio
6. Emmy London’s new Eva Duck Blue bridal shoe is a graceful vintage court shoe shape with embellished T-bar strap that adds a touch of Gatsby glamour.
7. These bridal panties have “bride” in blue rhinestones on the hip. Image: Mark Dickinson Photography
8. Get something blue for the groom to wear too, like sunglasses! Image: OLLI Studio
9. Something Blue, a romantic fragrance by Oscar de la Renta, opens with a burst of mandarin and linden blossom and warms to a sultry finish with notes of bourbon vanilla and white musk. A removable ring is engraved with the designer’s signature.
10. The groom and groomsmen can wear accessories and boutonnieres that incorporate a blue accent color. Image: Steve Cowell
11. JCPenney’s new Modern Bride Signature Collection rings feature a center diamond and diamond-encrusted shanks and frames for spectacular sparkle. On the inside is a special symbol of everlasting love: two interlocking infinity symbols embracing a color-enhanced blue diamond.
12. This garter is simple and comfortable, made of stretchy floral lace which is light and soft against your skin. Order from Woomee Bridal on Etsy.
13. A bouquet featuring blue-tinted orchids and pink roses, wrapped in a Tiffany blue ribbon, makes a stunning statement. Image by L’Estelle Photography
14. Create a bridal look that’s all your own with Essie nail polish, available in a dozen or more shades of blue (shown here: “borrowed and blue“).
15. Combining the design freedom of 3D printing with edible materials, pastry chefs can create imaginative cake toppers that were previously impossible with ChefJet. This vintage-meets-modern design replicates a blue china pattern.
16. Alfred Sung features many gorgeous shades of blue in his bridesmaid collection. Some designs could be worn by a bride looking to make a simple style statement.
17. A pretty handkerchief with a blue monogram makes a wonderful “something blue.” This Chapel Lace handkerchief can be monogrammed with one or three initials; order online from Elegant Monograms.
18. On the bridal fashion runways this season, we spotted blue bridal gowns, like this one from Jenny Packham’s Spring 2016 collection.
19. From decorative designs to witty words, wear your blue with a temporary tattoo. This Cartolina Blooms design by Fiona Richards is $5 for a set of two on Tattly.
20. Matching robes for your wedding party make a lovely and useful gift, as well as a great photo prop and souvenir. Image: A Brit and A Blonde
21. Tiffany blue and pale pink come together for a fresh and fabulous color palette. Image: L’Estelle Photography
22. Wow your guests with this sparkling Blue Fizz cocktail made with Blue Curaçao liqueur and Prosecco or Champagne.
23. Add this bridal portrait idea to your shot list to capture your beauty look, bouquet and color scheme all in one beautiful image. Image: L’Estelle Photography
24. Wear his and hers blue Converse Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers from JCPenney, if only for a fun photo or two!
Add something blue to your JCPenney wedding registry too!
25. KitchenAid’s colorful and innovative line of professional-grade electrics, cookware and accessories make it easier for you to whip up something that everyone will love. Register for your favorite shade at JCPenney.
26. Bring a fresh look to your table with this JCPenney Home Dana Floral 16-piece porcelain dinnerware set blooming with a bountiful floral design..
27. A fun addition to any barware collection, these Artland Cambria handmade, mouth-blown glass goblets feature a mix of color and clear glass detailing; available in turquoise or cobalt blue.
28. A timeless blue paisley and scroll design and different textures combine beautifully in this JCPenney Home Hillcrest comforter set.
29. This 10-piece Rachael Ray® Porcelain II cookware set features a hard-enamel finish and sylish two-tone gradient blue exterior.
30. The Samsonite Soar 2.0 collection of lightweight, multi-directional spinner luggage rolls upright to take the weight off your arm and shoulder, making your journey a little easier. Available in blue, red, grey or black. Create your registry at JCPenney.
Image(s): Feature image and registry picks courtesy of JCPenney