25 Non-Cheesy Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Your father. He taught you how to tie your shoes, and how to throw a curve ball. He made you pancakes on Saturday mornings, and always offered a shoulder to cry on. He adored you the second he laid eyes on you, and he was the first man that you ever loved.
Your wedding will certainly be a happy occasion for your old man, but, as witnessed in The Father of the Bride, dads tend to get a tad emotional when it comes to their “little girl” getting married.
Having a father-daughter dance at your reception is a touching way to honor your dad. We’ve got 25 non-cheesy songs that are perfect for this oh-so-special dance — just be sure to ask for his input, too!
1. What A Wonderful World — Louis Armstrong
2. Here For You — Neil Young
3. Songbird — Fleetwood Mac
4. Don’t Worry Be Happy — Bobby McFerrin
5. Tupelo Honey — Van Morrison
6. She’s a Rainbow — The Rolling Stones
7. My Girl — The Temptations
8. In My Life — Dave Matthews Band (or The Beatles)
9. Stand By Me — Ben E. King
10. God Only Knows — The Beach Boys
11. Daughters — John Mayer
12. Gracie — Ben Folds
13. Lullaby — Billy Joel
14. That’s How Strong My Love Is — The Rolling Stones
15. Do You Realize — The Flaming Lips
16. Sea Of Love — Cat Power
17. Your Song — Elton John
18. You Are My Sunshine — Johnny Cash
19. Someone To Watch Over Me — Ella Fitzgerald
20. Sweet Child O Mine — Taken By Trees
21. Here Comes The Sun — The Beatles
22. The Way You Look Tonight — Frank Sinatra
23. My Darling — Wilco
24. Father And Daughter — Paul Simon
25. Unforgettable — Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
Plan your celebration together! The 2life Weddings app is the best way for engaged couples to get inspired and organized for the big day! Chat, share, collaborate and coordinate with your fiancé(e), all in one colorful, easy-to-use app. Download now, it’s free!
Image(s): BerryTree Photography