Being the guest of honor at your shower can be stressful, especially when you're smack dab in the middle of wedding planning.
Keep your cool as the feted bride-to-be with these 8 primp-and-prep tips.
1. Treat yourself to a manicure. People will want to see your hardware!
2. Get your engagement ring cleaned (this goes hand in hand, ahem, with #1).
3. Buy hostess gifts for the women who planned and hosted the shower. Include a short thank you note and present the gifts to your hostess(es) after the guests leave.
4. Register for gifts so the host and guests know what you want and need. Be sure to register for items in a variety of price points to suit any budget.
5. Prepare a few words of thanks to say to your guests once you've opened the gifts. Be sure to acknowledge people who have traveled to attend the event and thank the hostess(es) for making the special day possible.
6. Share the event's schedule with your man. Traditionally, the bride-to-be's fiancé makes an appearance -- with flowers! -- either before or after she opens her gifts. It sort of defeats the purpose if he shows up late.
7. Bring a pretty notebook, a pen and a large envelope. Ask your maid of honor to keep a detailed list of who gave what and, when you're done, keep all of the cards together in the envelope. This will be very helpful when it comes to writing your thank you notes.
8. Rest up! Bridal showers are very exciting, but being the center of attention can be draining. Go to bed early the night before and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for a day of celebrating.
JCPenney Top Registry Picks for a Wedding Shower
Browse the JCPenney Wedding Registry Guide for a great selection of shower gift ideas from all of your favorite brands. Start your registry at JCPenney.
Image(s): Mike Valdez; product images courtesy of JCPenney.